With Monday being Independence Day, how much do you know about it? Below is a little quiz that’s making the rounds via email.
1. The Declaration of Independence begins with what words?
2. What document was the legal framework of the United States?
3. Who wrote the words of the Star Spangled Banner?
4. How did the Liberty Bell get its crack?
5. How many stars were on the first United States flag?
6. In what year did Congress recognize the Pledge of Allegiance?
7. Where was the first national capitol located?
8. When is the anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence?
9. What city was the Liberty Bell located in?
10. What is the official anniversary date of Flag Day?
11. Which two patriots died on July 4, 1826?
12. Who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
13. In July 1776, how many people were living in the colonies?
14. Who do historians believe sewed the first official American flag?
15. Flying a flag upside down is a symbol of what?
16. What is the name of the oldest commissioned U.S. naval vessel?
17. The first 10 amendments to the Constitution are familiarly known as?
18. Whose signature is largest on the Declaration of Independence?
19. Who wrote We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal?
20. Where did immigrants first set foot in the New World to gain entry?
21. Life, liberty, and ______________________________?
22. What do the colors red, white, and blue stand for?
23. True/False: The signing of the Declaration of Independence took until August 2, 1776. 24. Will Smith starred in this 4th of July movie named?
25. How many people signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776?
26. In what state is the largest city of Independence?
27. How many people annually visit the Liberty Bell?
28. How tall is the Statue of Liberty?
29. When the Liberty bell was cast, how much did it weigh?
Leave your answers in the comments. I’ll post the real answers later.Follow @vpaige