I was on the call this morning with Lowell and others as Minority Leader Ward Armstrong and House Democratic Caucus Chair Brian Moran announced the launch of the “Change the Assembly” tour. The Democratic leaders laid out seven reasons for change, reasons why the Republicans should not be re-elected and retain the majority.
Seven Republican Roadblocks: Seven Reasons for Change
- Opposed raising the minimum wage
- Fought life-saving stem cell research
- Brought us the abusive driver fee
- Scuttled efforts to raise teacher pay
- Roadblock in preserving our AAA bond rating
- Obstruct increases in long-term care for seniors
- Opposed the largest investment in education in Virginia history
The leadership held a press conference and expanded on what these items mean. See the video below.
The tour started in Manassas and will roll across the Commonwealth. In it, the participants will lay out a number of policy proposals. Look for a stop close to you