- Let’s enact a new Voting Rights Act. Some commonsense solutions in here. I suggested to Rep. Bobby Scott, after last November’s long voting lines, that the federal government implement voting procedures for its races that would be the same across the country. (That is pretty much what happened in the 1964 federal elections, after the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.) The idea of a separate federal ballot, along with weekend voting, dovetails nicely with that.
- The Cheney in Waiting. A lighthearted take on a serious topic. The line about the founding fathers was just hilarious.
- Rand Paul can never be a mainstream Republican. You are known by the company you keep: Former senior advisor to Pres. G.W. Bush, Michael Gerson, effectively calls the Libertarian Paul a neo-Confederate.
- This isn’t McDonnell’s first brush with scandal. Although StarGate is probably his worst, the fact is that McDonnell has been here before.
- Struggling for answers amid a scandal. The very best – bar none – take on the McDonnell mess I have read.
With Saturday’s debate, there were tons of articles all over the news, far too many to link. About the only thing of note was this piece about Ken Cuccinelli hiring a debate coach. I always thought Cuccinelli was a pretty good debater, even though I don’t think it showed Saturday.