- NYT: “Who Gets to Graduate?” – Income, it seems, is a pretty good predictor.
- VP: “Virginia GOP executive under state investigation” – This will be interesting to watch.
- WP: “How gerrymandered is your district?” – At 79.26, my VA-02 district is less than the state average of 84.2. Now if somebody would do this for Virginia’s House of Delegates districts….
- VP: “All’s ducky in Norfolk as sun, art and pics converge” – I must be the only person in Hampton Roads who hasn’t made it down to the Hague to see the duck. Maybe I’ll get a chance to rectify that this weekend.
- The Atlantic: “The Case for Reparations” – Don’t let the headline dissuade you from reading this. It’s not as much about reparations as it is a history lesson.
Finally, it seems that marriage equality is moving forward, with the latest Gallup poll showing 55% in support. Just this week, Oregon and Pennsylvania became the 18th and 19th states in which marriage equality is the law. A map of the status of marriage equality can be found here. Marriage bans have been challenged in all but one state. I eagerly await the 4th Circuit’s decision.
Enjoy your weekend!